Evaluation

After a problematic start, I feel I started to work at a level of pace and organization, that up until now I have not been able to achieve. I am happy with the standard of my outcomes and I've had some very good responses from other students and professionals, this positive feed back, really boosted my confidence. My work, which has become focused on character illustration is progressing along two different paths, one of which is the cartoon style, the second is the darker cross hatched black and white illustration. I feel i've made vast improvements on both fronts and in my project management, however what is still poor is my documentation of my processes, which is obviously detrimental in academia. That said I feel confidant about the standard of my work and professional finish of my projects. A few things have made this module run more smoothly than the last module, booking print slots for two weeks in advance, booking photography studios, and workshops for the model casting (molding, woodwork and metalwork) have all made the FMP run quite smoothly, and spending more time on the photography of my work has made a vast improvement on the last product shots for the previous hand in. I have also improved on the little things that I was getting wrong, things like not leaving bleed, or using too small or to large type. I've moved past that and although I am still far behind a dedicated type and layout designer, I know enough about that side of things to help my work look and feel more professional.
I feel that I have made strides forward with my style of illustration and I'm looking forward to carrying my practice on with client work and self initiated projects, I also improved my skills using adobe creative suite, which i suppose is better late than never, simple things really like using layers in Adobe illustrator, to add shadow and highlights, and finaly mastering the pen tool, I must thank Karl Cartwright for this and other tips and tricks, who I've pestered constantly to show me how to do certain things.
I feel inspired and briming with ideas for projects, my love for this industry is at a all time high and i cant wait to go out and become a part of it. I feel I am ready to become a professional illustrator. I felt a difference in how I work. It's a confidence in my ability's that i've never had before, in any remit. Out in the world talking to the few small clients i've had, I know the terms and processes and I know I can deliver what the client needs to a professional standard. I don't mean to sound over confidant I just want to express, how much i've grow as an illustrator/art/designer. I hope i get the the chance to make the course and the collage proud of me as illumni.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the teaching staff, and the technical staff, all of which have shown great patience, professionalism and dedication over the past three years. Thank you all.